I just completed the IGNITE class with C4 in Atlanta. This is a class designed to “ignite” your art career and move you forward. In participating in this, I created a marketing plan, which I have included below. This is my initial version. In presenting to some very knowledgeable people, I realized I need to change the following to really be successful:
- Personalize my vision statement
- Focus – it was felt to focus on the coolage party, when that takes off, the rest will come.
- Target women in the 25-40 range. They not only have children for birthday parties, but friends getting married and many are in the corporate or non-profit world to eventually incorporate team-building and performance art.
- Don’t ignore the suburbs
- Snag the domain name of CoolageParty immediately
- Once it gets going, re-assess my costs, they are low
I realized alot about myself – it was very eye-opening. I want to be part of a bigger art community that is well-respected. I’m not that interested in personal fame. This was a big first baby-step for me.