I did it – I posted a blog every day in the month of October, missing only one day – and I bought a car that weekend.
I am not going to lie – I’m glad it is over. But, I did learn a few things.
1. I need to take more photos. I did purchase a Smartphone during October, and that helped. But, I need more photos to illustrate my blog by making it more personal.
2. Sticking to a plan helps. Having a series – The A to Z’s of Art really helped keep me on track.
3. There are other things to write about other than my art and what I’m doing. I researched artists. And I learned some things that surprised me (see Q for Quills- I had no idea!).
4. Keep a journal – catch those ideas as they fly by!
5. If I do it again, I will highlight fellow artists – which takes a little pre-planning!
So – I spent a day with every letter, and I participated in a Blog Circle where 12 women around the globe wrote about Courage. Here are some of the links to past blogs here.
A IS FOR ACRYLIC PAINT through Z IS FOR ZIGGY, MY STUDIO ASSISTANT.
Posts in between are:
J is for Joel – Epiphany in the Dark
P is for Photographing your Artwork
U is for the Lady and the Unicorn
V is for the View from My Deck
X is for the Portrait of Lady X
Congratulations Vickie… what a wonderful achievement…. and thanks so much for sharing your learnings for next time. I’m going to book mark this as it makes a huge amount of sense. I keep thinking that I will need more photos for when I get my blog up and running! 🙂 x
I’m so impressed and inspired by your paintings and your writing. The dress code series is stunning ( i’ll go back and view the other series too 🙂 Your diligence in writing a post each day is such a big commitment, I read a few and could feel your enthusiasm even when you were tired, having car shopped!
I hope you find some time for some well deserved R & R soon.
I’m so glad to be flying beside you 🙂
Good for you . At least you’ve started .. Sense of accomplishment for sure.
Thank you all for the encouragement!
Congratulations for making it through the whole month! That is quite an accomplishment. I’ve loved reading your posts.
You are a complete ROCKSTAR!!!! What a huge commitment and you totally did it!! I loved reading your posts. 🙂