As I previously mention, I am committed to blogging everyday as part of Blogtoberfest, and as of this writing, there are 231 people signed up for this!
I think the best place to start is listing what I feel needs to be done – both artwise and personally. So – here goes.
1. Finish the 50 pieces that I will send to the Art-O-Mat, an organization that refurbishes vintage cigarette machines and fills them with original art. I can’t wait to find out where my work will end up!
2. Research aspects of FIRE – for a new series that has been rattling around in my head for awhile.
3. Work on my idea for Coolage Parties – this means starting a brochure, organizing my supplies, putting together templates.
4. Clean out my studio – organize collage material, throw away old paint, finish anything I have begun.
5. Get comfortable using a video camera and start using it in posts.
6. Leave a comment a day on a blog – minimum.
7. Find a car – I haven’t had a car payment in 21 years. It is time I get a decent mid-sized car. The last car I purchased is a small car that I managed to trash!
8. Get the title of my car – see above.
9. Get a phone – I have the antique flip phone. I want a phone so I can get the SQUARE for credit cards – and I can take pictures with!
10. Take my lunch to work a couple of times a week.
11. Work out 3x a week minimum.
12. Lay out my clothes for work the evening prior!
13. Post a blog every day -I considering a series The A TO Z’s of art. I’ll start with A – for acrylic and alcohol. I’m not going to post the list in advance, as I’m sure my inspirations will change over the course of this.
14. I have to come up with something else – I can’t stop at 13 things on my To-Do List! – so I will blog about some books I’ve read – most recently, The Creative Habit, Learn It and Use It for Life by Twyla Tharp.
15. Keep a notebook with me to jot down ideas as they come to me!
I’m sure I left a few things off, but I think this is a pretty good starting point.
Tomorow – THE A TO Z OF ART! – I will go through the alphabet with a new posting every day with something art related!