I know, it seems counter-intuitive to be “grateful” for 2020, but I am. I am so grateful, in fact, that I have made this my word of the year for 2021!
Gratitude has the power to heal in tough times.
Having gratitude gives hope.
So, what am I grateful for 2020?
- I’m grateful to be healthy
- I’m grateful I learned it is okay to be anxious
- I’m grateful I have the ability to walk and breathe fresh air
- I’m grateful I live in this neighborhood and grateful for the new friends I’ve made
- I’m grateful I really clarified my vision with the direction my art is taking. You can read about it on an earlier blog:
- I’m grateful that I’m a learner by nature, and therefore boredom is something that rarely happens to me
I still have a sense of humor – as proved by the following musical tribute to the end of 2020.
What did I accomplish in 2020?
I painted a piano that now resides in the Art-Haus gallery in Atlanta, Ga. This was a gift from my lifelong friend that now resides in Costa Rica (it belonged to her grandfather. I am grateful I can go to the gallery weekly to play to a group of children that are part of an art-pod.
I am grateful I had a successful solo show during the year.
I am grateful I was interviewed by Shout Out Atlanta which also resulted in TWO SALES!!! (click on below for the entire article).
I feel there is so much to be thankful and also so much to look forward to in 2021! I have two shows lined up in 2021, which is a good start. But that is what it is, it is a just a start!
By the way – beginning with March 29, I have walked over 1800 miles, met many new friends (especially is they have dogs!), explored many new places.
What are you thankful for from 2020???